Thursday, 29 June 2017

How Can NUMSS Degree be Legalized in Spain?

How to Legalize Your NUMSS Degree in Spain for $700 US

Legalization is the process of authenticating or certifying a document so a foreign country's legal system will recognize it as with full legal effect. Authentication by legalization is widely used in international commerce and civil law matters in those jurisdictions where the simpler apostille system has not been adopted.

Some countries require your degree to be legalized if you with them to accept your degree for whatever reasons you may have that require dealing with the government. For example, if you wish to immigrate to another country, the embassy may need your degree to be legalized.

Legalization is a complex procedure that can be done by yourself (cheaply) or by using a firm (more expensive). Doing it yourself is less expensive but time consuming and involves dealing with a number of agencies.

In Canada, it involves first notarizing the degree, then sending it to Canadian government to confirm the notarizing, and then to Spanish consulate for signature and stamp. To do it yourself costs in Canada about $200. In Spain it would cost about 50 EURO, but it is almost impossible to do it yourself. To do it yourself you must be present personally in Canada or Spain. In Spain the process of doing it yourself is:

1- Certified true copy of the diploma by public notary:
Don Angel Almoguera Gomez
2- Notarization by the chamber of notaries: Ilustre Colegio Notarial de Madrid
Dona Maria Eugenia Reviriego Picon
3- Legalization by the Ministry of Justice
4- Legalization by the Ministry  of Foreign Affairs
5- Authentication by the Embassy/Consulate of the country where the degree is to be used.

Extract from the Spanish government website :
"These shall be legalised by a notary public, in the following order: public notaries, chambers of notaries (see the following list of chambers of notaries in Spain), Ministry of Justice - Legalisations (C/ de la Bolsa, 8 - 28071 Madrid Tel. +34 902 007 214), Legalisations Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation (C/ Juan de Mena, 4 – 28071 Madrid. Tel: +34 91 379 16 55), and, finally, at the diplomatic or consular mission, accredited to Spain, of the country in which the document is to take effect."

To use a law firm in Spain would cost about 1,000 EURO. However one of our alumnus used an agency in Spain that cost him only $700 (US) to get the whole process done.

We wish to thank National Academy of Osteopathy & National University of Medical Sciences (Spain) graduate in Vietnam, osteopath Dr Stephane Laporte, DOMP, DO for providing us with this agency’s contact information. By the way Dr Laporte has secured employment in a hospital in Vietnam. He is our second doctor of osteopathy graduate who has gained employment within a hospital.

Dr Laporte used Crown Worldwide (Daniel Martinez <>) as an agent. This is a private company that provides logistic services to clients. 

So, if you need to get your NUMSS (Spain) degree legalized then contact Mr. Daniel Martinez at the email address given above.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Send me phone number and direction of danielle martinez