Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Do you have to be a Certified Athletic Therapist to work in Canada?

No. Athletic Therapy is not a regulated profession in any of the Canadian provinces including Ontario. NUMSS graduates can work as athletic therapists in all peovinces of Canada.

Most athletic therapists in Canada are not members of any organization as they are eligible to work as athletic therapists without becoming a CAT (Certified Athletic Therapist). However those who wish to become a CAT can join the IBACT (International Board of Certified Athletic Therapists).

Contact IBCAT at for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment